Scripture: Luke 11:9,10
Key Verse: “seek, and you will find . . . and he who seeks finds” Luke 11:9; 10
What if I told you that your seeking is also an act of resistance! Today is the day to activate your resistance through seeking what you are asking for in prayer.
We typically think of our seeking as what we actively do. But remember, we began by recognizing that “this kind” was something different and if this journey was going to be different, it requires us to do something different. I now more fully understood that my seeking was not just about what I was doing, but it was about me standing in the face of adversity and resisting to be moved off track. I knew about all the carnal sins and had done the work to understand what feelings were present in different situations that made me more vulnerable to the triggers that seemed to take control, but what I began to understand is that with everything in you, you have to learn how to as David did, figure out what you need to do to encourage yourself to resist the spiritual warfare that attacks your mind and spirit. For me it was a song.
When David arrived back in Ziglag, after God had spared him from having to take out his own people, he found his family and all his worldly possessions taken away (by God’s grace only temporarily). Now the people he had saved from their previous conditions, reputations, debt, and despair now whispering and planning to stone him to death, and all of this was after they came to him, he didn’t go seeking them. They were literally eyeing the stones they were going to use to take out David. Ziglag moments teach you a lot about yourself and the people around you, but you have to learn to do what David did, David encouraged himself. (1 Samuel 30:6)
There was a moment on the journey, even after everything was taken away, that I felt like David, watching everything play out around me and just felt totally defeated. But that morning I received a word from the Lord, and as I was driving down the road something in my Spirit began to rise up and just say NOPE! Not this time. The first thing I did was find my encourager song. I actually have a few, but this one particular song by Tye Tribbet, He Turned It (Live) works for me. The song gradually builds, and I started just listening to the words minister to my situation and started saying Thank You Lord, and then encouraging and reminding myself. This was another breakthrough moment, to the point where I had to pull over on the side of the road, then eventually the back of an iHOP parking lot praising, thanking God, and dancing in my victory. I learned to dance before the Lord before the victory is won!
The point is, through prayer and revelation, I have been able to recognize the triggers that pull me off track and the triggers that would lead me into a dark place, and everything after that was my choice. When you come at situations like that, you take back power from the enemy to seize you and control how you respond to situations. My seeking became more of an act of resistance to stand and demonstrate endurance. My seeking was standing and saying NOPE, not this time, I’ve been here before, I know what happens on the other side of these feelings unless I take back control. Your seeking is resisting all your past failures, fears, frustrations, doubt, imposter syndrome, the lies, deception – anything and everything that seeks to throw you down or throw you around. We must actively resist those moments and be reminded that you can stand in resistance because, I am persuaded that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us! (Romans 8:18)
CPR Kit for the Soul:
- Centering Theme: God will never send you on a purposeless journey. Meditate on asking God the question, “If I am not seeing the alignment of relationships, resources, and opportunities is it because I am not seeking the right destination, or is that the seed has not begun to sprout because I have not done enough active seeking and resisting?
- Prayer Topic: What are things I can tangibly do to demonstrate my seeking to God?
- Reflection Thought: How is my seeking aligned with my asking and God’s glory?
T3 Prayer Booster:
- Father God, I know you love me too much to send me on journeys to nowhere and failed outcomes, please either grant me the peace of knowing that my present assignment may not look like my current season and to hold on, or begin to show me how I may be seeking the wrong door to knock on.
- Dear Lord, please begin to reveal to me through my time of prayer and meditation how I can begin seeing the doors I need to knock on through my persistent seeking.
- Lord, I believe Your biblical promises, that nothing shall be impossible for me if I can only believe and seek Your Glory, and in the process, my life will be enriched by the overflow of blessings.