I pray this email finds you in the full expectation of God’s best in 2021! Are you ready for new levels and to walk in the fullness of what God has for you in 2021? Yes you are! It is my sincere joy to share with you the 40 Days of Prayer and Fasting Part 2: The Transition. This journey is about getting from where we are to where God truly wants us to be.
We kick off this Saturday, December 12, 2020 and run through January 20, 2021.
In my heart of hearts God has led me to call together men and women of faith and belief who are ready to not only see new levels in God for themselves, but for our families, friends, communities, and the world. As our theme passages Mark 9:14-29 and Matthew 17:14-21 will reveal to us, this can and will happen on the other side of prayer and fasting. This journey has radically revolutionized my life and I’m believing God it will do the same for you!
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THE PRAYER AND FAST:
- Your Hour of Power: God gives us 24 hours every day, decide which hour you will give back to God every day for the 40 Days. I strongly encourage you to find an hour that you can consistently give to God daily. Things happen and you may need to adjust that hour from time to time, but the key is to not let a day go by without giving an hour (or as much time as you can) back to God. If you get off track, just make up in your mind to get back on track as soon as possible and keep going!
- Your Prayer, Praise, and Worship Playlist: One of the greatest gifts and weapons in our arsenal is your playlist of songs that get you into the presence of God. Pick 2-4 songs that you can listen to daily to start off Your Hour of Power, which will help you get into the presence of God and facilitate your openness to hear from God.
- Your Prayer and Meditation Journal: This is simply a place to keep record of your prayers, but more importantly your answered prayers and progress for the journey. This journal can come in the form of a physical journal, notebook, or even a digital note that you keep on your phone, laptop, or computer. Each day spend the last minutes of Your Hour of Power writing and reflecting on what the scriptures, prayers, and meditations meant to you. In this journal you also want to keep track of the 1 thing you do daily toward what you are believing God for in 2021
WHAT IS THE PRAYER AND FAST:
- Your One Big Thing You are Believing God for in 2021: Pray and meditate on one prayer that when God answers it in 2021 it will demonstrate the power and faithfulness of God. Select one thing that requires real belief and has the ability to dramatically alter your life. Don’t just select anything, but spend time really praying, meditating, and thinking on this one thing and ask God to confirm it in your spirit, then write it down in your journal. Spend every day praying, meditating, and reflecting on this one thing but equally important do at least one thing daily that will help bring clarity and bring your one thing into fruition.
- Your Pick Up and Your Put Down for 2021: In your journal decide one thing you will pick up and one thing you will put down in the following 3 categories.
- Healthy Eating
- What is one part of your diet that you can give up for the 40 Days that you know is unhealthy and unproductive toward what God is trying to do for you and through you in 2021. (For Example: white sugar, fried food, white rice, white potatoes, white beans, white bread, white butter, or white pasta etc.)
- What is one part of your diet that you can pick up for the 40 days that you know is healthy and productive toward what God is trying to do for you and through you in 2021. (For Example: replacing soda with water, replacing fried food with baked food, replacing buttery vegetables with raw or steamed vegetables)
- Healthy Lifestyle
- What is one part of your lifestyle that you can give up for the 40 days that you know is unhealthy and unproductive toward what God is trying to do for you and through you in 2021. (For Example: inactivity, sleeping to little or sleeping too much, smoking, alcohol, etc.)
- What is one part of your diet that you can pick up for the 40 days that you know is healthy and productive toward what God is trying to do for you and through you in 2021. (For Example: replacing inactivity with daily activity like walking or exercising, replacing alcohol with water, etc.)
- Healthy Mindset
- It is imperative that for 40 Days you consciously focus on what you are thinking and what you are saying. Banish all negative thoughts, mindsets, and mentalities.
- Whenever a negative thought, mindset, or mentality comes replace it with prayer, praise, worship, scriptures and positive affirmations. It is our goal to starve out the negativity and feed the positivity in our lives, because whichever one we feed will be the strongest and win.
- Healthy Eating
- Your Dollar Discipline for 2021: For the full 40 days, according to your financial resources, decide what amount of money you will put aside and save each day. For example, put aside either $1, $10, or $100 each day. You can transfer money to your savings or your stash but get into the habit of saving and paying yourself daily. Throughout the 40 Days begin praying and asking God what God will have you do with the money at the end of the 40 Days. You can’t be an effective disciple without discipline, start now!
WHAT TO EXPECT THROUGHOUT THE FAST:
Below you will find the 40 Days daily scriptures and topics. Each day expect to receive through email and social media either text, audio, or video devotionals to help curate the 40 Days and keep you focused and encouraged.
For Your Hour of Power, break the hour into 4 parts.
- Your Prayer, Praise and Worship Playlist (10-20 min)
- Your Time in the Word of God (10-20 min)
- Your Time of Meditation [Reflecting, thinking, meditating in silence] (15-20 min)
- Your Time of Journaling (10-15 min)
I will be hosting a private Zoom Session for everyone who has signed up for the 40 Days of Prayer and Fasting on Friday, December 11 at 8am and 8pm EST through Zoom for final instructions and to answer any questions that you may have. This will be an exclusive Zoom meeting for those who are joining the prayer and fast!
May God Bless you and keep you! I look forward to seeing you on the journey!