Luke 11:4; Matthew 6:13
Key Verse: “And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one – Luke 11:4
Jesus instructs us to pray that we are not led into temptation, and that we are delivered from the evil one. As we close out Part I of the journey we arrive at the final chapter of recovery.
How do you overcome the legacy of temptation in your life? As with everything else, you pray! But as the Bible tells us, I want to share with you what helped me. It all starts in the heart (Proverbs 3:5-6, Proverbs 4:23, Mark 12:30. Pray and meditation, and hopefully our time of fasting have either grown or given your heart for God. That is the only way, fall so in love with God that His love, presence and power are all you want.
A word of advice. Treat your life, heart, and choices like a hockey or soccer goalie. No one is perfect and keeps all hockey pucks or soccer balls out of the net of your life. But the best goalies are the ones that have the best defense team and teammates around them. The team works overtime to keep as many shots being fired at you as possible, the fewer the shots, the greater likelihood of your success.
Finally, take note of what Jesus says we are to pray for—deliverance from the evil one. What I take that to mean is that we are to be as serious as Jesus is about the evil one. Three things that helped me. First, you must acknowledge that the evil one exists. Second, you must accept that the enemy has been overcome and defeated as revealed to us through the Word of God (Week 4 lesson). Apply the Word of God and His promises that tell us, the enemy is only victorious when we allow it.
Are you ready for what is next in your life?
CPR Kit for the Soul:
- Centering Theme: Meditate on the truthful answer if you have a heart for God?
- Prayer Topic: The heart and that you may have a heart for God that keeps you from
temptation and evil.
- Reflection Thought: How has my life changed since I began the journey?
T3 Prayer Booster:
- Our Heavenly Father, which are in Heaven, we appeal to You for Divine Guidance away from temptation. Awaken our sensitivity to Your voice to lead us away from temptation.
- Lord, I confess that I need You to identify the winning team of accountability partners and supports systems I can put around the spiritual net of my life that reduces the number shots I must defend against to get the victory in the game of life.
- Father God help me to acknowledge the evil one, accept and believe that the enemy has already been overcome, and finally to apply the lessons I have learned and take back the power in my life.