Scripture: Matthew 17:20
Key Verse: 20He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”
Have you any rivers that seem uncrossable? And have you any mountain that you can’t tunnel through? God specializes in things that seem impossible and He’ll do what no other power, but Holy Ghost power can do.
These are the lyrics to a beloved song in the Black Baptist Church that have always lifted my soul and re-opened my mind to the boundless fields of limitless possibilities in God. On my journey I saw an entire shift when this profound truth evolved from simply lyrics to a song and a bible verse I could recite from memory—to a lifestyle!
That is my prayer for you as we close out Week 2, that you have been equipped with the tools and resources to lead a new lifestyle bathed in belief, clothed by a new closeness with God, and empowered through prayer and meditation! Take the leap off the cliff of doubt and into a free fall of faith where nothing will be impossible.
Why is nothing impossible? Because it is not about you, it’s all about God. The Bible and life are full of testimonies of people, through God, doing impossible things once they made the decision to surrender and go all in for God. They were no different than you or I, except they believed God and acted on what they believed. That night when I prayed for God to save my physical life, I promised that I would tell everyone I could about prayer and God challenged me to do something that seemed impossible to me at the time. My goal was to reach 1,000,000 people and get at least 100,000 people to join me in prayer for a Move of God.
First, set a goal for God that is in accordance with His Word, but impossible for you to achieve on your own. Then work like your life depended on it. God began to reveal to me, if it’s about My Glory, there are no degrees of possibility, ALL things are possible, and NOTHING will be impossible for you if you can believe.
Second, refer to the recent conversation between me and Dr. Jerry Young, where he talks about the DOE problem (the error of prideful thinking that we Deserve it, someone Owes us, and that we’re Entitled to something). We only deserve what we work for, and we are only owed our agreed upon wages, and we aren’t entitled to anything. I learned that it is simply by God’s grace that I am what I am, I have what I have, and I will be who I will be in Christ Jesus based upon the price I was willing to pay. I found myself praying, and for the first time and really meaning it with tears in my eyes as I testified before the group of men I lead in Bible Study, “Lord if You don’t do anything else for me, You’ve already done enough and I thank You!
Finally, unlock the belief building power of your testimony. God began to have me share my testimony over and over again and the more I began to share it the more God began to convince me that nothing is impossible through Him. He was building up my spiritual and faith muscles to the point, where I remember one-night driving while praising and worshipping God, and I felt something come over me where I felt like I could spiritually run through a brick wall. Have you any brick walls or mountains… God specializes… and the blessing is that He let’s us participate in proving every day that, “Nothing will be impossible for you!”
CPR Kit for the Soul:
- Centering Theme: Sit still and begin to meditate on what can I do for God’s glory, that is in accordance with His Word, that before I began this journey, I would have thought was impossible?
- Prayer Topic: Ask God for spiritual insight to understand the relationship between God’s grace and my work to achieve the impossible.
- Reflection Thought: How has my testimony and what I’ve already been through, equipped me with the evidence to believe in the impossible?
T3 Prayer Booster:
- Dear Lord, please show me what I can do to bring You Glory by taking a leap off the cliff of doubt into a free fall of faith to be caught by You and Your presence.
- Lord, grant me the “do” and “get it done” mentality to overcome the “DOE” mentality of this generation.
- Father God through my reflection and meditation, help me to uncover the power of my testimony, and in my testimony show me the evidence of how I have already witnessed the impossible in my own life.